Blended Learning Option
This Blended Learning course takes a two-method approach to support staff who hold a safeguarding position and/or additional safeguarding responsibilities within their organisation. Learners registering for our Blended Learning course option, receive the eLearning course and enrolment on a virtual classroom Safeguarding Staff Online Class. Unlike the eLearning Only Option which keeps material access to the eLearning component only. Any Safeguarding Staff wishing to focus on their strategic safeguarding practice should view our eLearning Only Option instead.
This blended approach provides the theory via the eLearning and the practical via an interactive online class and can be the ideal approach for Safeguarding Staff wishing to develop or refresh both their strategic and operational safeguarding practice. This specialist learning is additional learning designed to complement and build on Safeguarding Staff's prior safeguarding and child protection learning (this is a pre-course requisite). Via the two learning methods Learners are guided towards being competent and confident in conducting their safeguarding role and responsibilities.
The eLearning Component
This informative, engaging and interactive element of the course guides Learners through the foundations of strategic and operational elements applicable to being Safeguarding Staff. With a particular focus on exploring strategic and organisational safeguarding considerations and we achieve this by mapping these considerations to the 5 Core Components of Safeguarding.
The Safeguarding Staff Online Class
The blend comes once Learners have completed their eLearning, as Learners are then invited to join a 2hr Safeguarding Staff Online Class (eLearning must be complete). This online class is offered via our virtual classroom and provides the opportunity for Learners to further explore the operational elements of their role. In particular, their role and responsibilities in being highlighted staff for providing safeguarding and child protection advice and guidance, and in supporting the organisation when making decisions surrounding any safeguarding concerns, whether relating to a child's well-being or an allegation against staff.
We achieve this by having cohorts of our multi-agency Safeguarding Staff Leaners, come together and review case studies as a collective. Using the knowledge and skills developed via their prior safeguarding and child protection learning and their recently completed additional eLearning, Learners identify how they may respond to this scenario as a Safeguarding Staff member for their organisation.
A pre-requisite for this course is that learners must have already completed their basic safeguarding and child protection training.
Please see additional information for further guidance relating to:
- Course aim and learning objectives.
- Course duration.
- Learning material and methods.
- Technical requirements.
- Evaluation data and certificates.
Aim and Learning Objectives
Aim - To support learners in being competent and confident in conducting their safeguarding role and responsibilities.
Learning objectives - by the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Recall the 5 Core Components of Safeguarding and identify how these can be represented within their organisation.
- Confirm their role as Safeguarding Staff.
- Define the safeguarding responsibilities best served by them as Safeguarding Staff.
- Apply best practice when supporting others with safeguarding or child protection concerns, whether they relate to a child's well-being or allegations against staff.
- Demonstrate best practice when working together with others (internally and externally) in responding to safeguarding or child protection concerns.
Course Duration - This Blended Learning option is recognised as a total of 4.5hrs professional development time.
2.5 hours for the eLearning component and 2 hours for the Safeguarding Staff Online Class.
- For eLearning - learners go at their own pace and complete in their own time. Learners simply pick up where they left off and have ongoing access to the course material for up to 12 months from their purchase date.
- For the Safeguarding Staff Online Class - once Learners have completed their eLearning, they will be invited to register for an upcoming Safeguarding Staff Online Class. Via the eLearning, Learners will have an opportunity to register for a course prior to completing their eLearning, but their class attendance is subject to their eLearning being complete by the class delivery date.
Learning Material - All material is informed by local and global legislation, guidance, research and case learnings. Most scenarios and case studies are based on real-life scenarios.
All material has been managed sensitively. However, given the nature of the subject, there is a natural emotional component to this course. We have managed this sensitively, and the course does reflect trigger warnings where applicable.
Learning Methods - A variety of learning methods are used within this course. Examples include but are not exclusive to:
- Specialist content
- Inter-active exercises
- Information markers and scrolls
- Case Studies and Scenarios
- Visual tools
- Practical resources and templates
- Online Class with Trainer Facilitation and Peer Support
Our course should work in most web browsers, although we recommend that you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari. We recommend installing the latest version of your web browser before beginning your course.
Our course is best viewed via a desktop and is compatible with most tablet devices. It may be accessed via a mobile device; however, to maintain a quality learning experience, we do not advocate the use of mobiles.
Where possible, Holistic Safeguarding will offer support; however, we are unable to provide full technical support.
Videos clips hosted via external video sharing sites feature in our courses. Video playback controls will vary and are dependent on the browser used to take the course and where the video is hosted. If you experience problems with the videos, then we recommend you try taking the course in a different browser.
Our FAQ also holds additional technical troubleshooting information should it be needed.
Evaluation Data and Certificates - All learning is evidenced to support personal and organisational learning and development requirements.
Evaluation Data -
- Learners complete pre and post-learning feedback forms. If requested by the individual or those registering learners, this can be provided as report data.
- We also contact learners 6-9months post their course completion to seek feedback on how they have integrated their learning into their applied practice.
- At 12 months learners will be notified they are due to refresh their training.
Certificates - Upon successful completion, learners are provided with a personalised certificate of achievement. To further assist Learners in evidencing their professional development, our certificates also confirms the course aim, objectives and study time (4.5 hours).